Do you want to meet other young people with Finnish heritage living all over the world? Are you interested in social issues and want to have an impact on issues concerning young expatriate Finns?
Join us for the Youth forum event for Finns worldwide aged 16-30 and share your thoughts, ideas and visions for the future!
When: Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 5-7 pm Finnish time (UTC +3:00)
For whom: Finns aged 16-30 living overseas. You do not need to be Finnish citizen; having Finnish roots is sufficient. Participation is free of charge.
How: The forum discussion is carried out online through Zoom Meeting. You can take part from anywhere in the world with a computer or mobile device.
Sign up to participate by May 3, 2021
By whom: The event is organized by Finland Society in cooperation with student groups of Aalto University’s Design for Government course
In this forum event, you’ll have the chance to connect with other young Finns living abroad. Together, you can discuss issues concerning Finns worldwide, exchange your thoughts and feelings and develop concrete ideas for improvement.
The main part of the event will be discussions in small groups on a variety of issues. The topics may concern moving to Finland (studies and job application), maintaining Finnish skills overseas or the relationship between young expatriate Finns and Finnish society. With this event, we believe in the power of co-creating future participation: one group, together with Aalto university students, will imagine how the voices of young Finns living abroad could be heard better in the future.
The event takes place in Finnish and English (part of the program takes place in Finnish and the rest in English).
The event is a splendid opportunity to learn new things and meet other young expatriates!
Sign up for the youth forum:
Send us a message via e-mail or WhatsApp including the following information. If you prefer, you can also send us a short introductory video about yourself (maximum 3 minutes).
- Your name
- Your place of residence (town and country)
- Your language skills and preferences: how comfortable are you speaking and understanding Finnish and English and which would you prefer to use during the event?
- If you are under 18, send us also your parents’ contact information (name and email address). We need a guardian’s approval for underage participants. We will contact them and ask for permission.
- Optional: What kind of topics and issues would like to discuss? We are happy to hear which issues you would like to impact and how you would like to change them.
Please send us your sign-up message with the subject “Youth forum” by Monday, May 3:
- by email to: [email protected] or
- as a WhatsApp text message or video to +358 (0)44 710 9384